HEEY! I'm way excited to write this week, just cause its cool to do that now and then.. Man life on the mission goes by so way fast! I've been thinking about that now and then and have decided that I am going to be quite depressed when all this ends.. Really its like a "preview" of our time on earth before we die and return to our Father in Heaven.. As a missionary you must make sure you use your time wisely and work hard so you can go home happy without any regrets at the end of the two years that we are so fortunate to serve! But man its not a very exciting thought, that one day I will not have the same authority to teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ as He taught it himself. To go from home to home and person to person.. A prophet in this dispensation has said. "No one else can do this work." But don't worry I'm not like counting my time, in fact if it was an option I would ask president for an additional two years to serve, I think that would be the most exciting thing ever. To take all the knowledge and learning that I have gained so far and to use it as best I can for another two years, But this time I have left is what the Lord has given me, so I must make it count! And this is why it is totally a "preview" of our time here on Earth, we must make it count because before we know it, we will be returning home to that Great God who gave us breath. Likewise, before I know it, I'll be on a stinking plane home. It is a weird feeling I get sometimes when I realize I have almost been out a year (for you guys it probably seems longer? But for me.. man.. a month is like two weeks.)
Its like this..
SERVING A MISSION:
1. Preparing for a Mission and accepting the Call
2. Working hard to overcome the world and focus on the work at hand (Becoming the best missionary possible unfortunately does not happen right away)
3. Becoming a great mission leader and servant, and Senior Companion if/when the call may come
4. Returning Home.
OUR LIFE ON EARTH:
1. Preparing to come to the Earth and accepting our duty in the Pre-Existence
2. Working hard to overcome the world and focus on the work at hand (Striving to become the best servant of the Lord we can starts with family.. also not right away; to show the Lord our love for him, we must first serve His Children)
3. Becoming a leader of a great family; Being a worth Priesthood Leader, and accepting all calls from the Lord with a happy heart
4. Returning Home to give an accounting to the Lord of the labors we have preformed. (To show whether we have overcome, or not Rev 3:21)
Anyway I thought that was cool, perhaps its really only something you can see while serving a mission.. Its basically a "miniature mortal probation"
Now! Some other way cool things. Matt and Jamie! I'm way excited for you guys! Also guess what?.. Did you guess.. if you did you're way wrong. President Kennith Brailsford (the last mission president here in South Carolina who doesn't know who I am unfortunately) is a sealer at the Draper Temple!! You have to tell him I am serving in Columbia, SC if you get a chance too.. This man is an amazing man.. I have heard that he has had his "calling and election made sure" This man to my knowledge is a witness of Christ! He knows some of the deepest of doctrine, Missionaries here speak extremely highly of this man, no missionary who has served under him here, would doubt that this man could be an Apostle one day... Anyway thought I would share that with you, If you really wanted to tell him, you can let him know my "grandpa" was Elder Crawl, one of his assistants!
Trying to think of more cool stuff.. oh! I have a good story again finally! Elder McRae and I were teaching this man and lady.. the restoration and after I shared the first vision, and asked this lady how she felt, she actually said "i really liked that, I want to have that tattooed".. hah it was really weird and a confusing moment, we kinda just nodded our heads and moved on and asked the man how he felt.. but yeah.. that's the best one I have for now.. Also just like in Sumter this place doesn't seem to expect people to take their own stuff to the dump.. everyone piles up garbage right outside their home including branches and grass.. leaves all that stuff anything that we would normally take to the dump, everyone leaves it outside and periodically the city comes and picks it all up for the people.. its cool to see these big crane machines and other stuff pick it up. I'm going to try and start taking more pictures soon.. I miss Elder Burrows.. that guy was so funny, but Elder McRae and I probably work more effectively... we're not laughing 24/7 but still have fun.. cause in missionary work.. just like in life.. you have to have fun.. cant be a strict crazy robot about everything.. So man I am so thankful for such great companions so far.. that has been one of my greatest blessings! This zone is much different than my last zone.. to say the least I enjoyed the last zone more.. but oh well! I still serve with some of the greatest missionaries.. Elder Cooney (my last zone leader) serves in this zone now.. I love that guy.. If I could come home and be even half the missionary he is.. I would be happy. Elder Cooney is so far the greatest missionary I know. Hmm... What else.. If anyone had a birthday on April 2nd.. I would say happy birthday to them! Oh and yes, General Conference was amazing.. Never in my life than on my mission have I loved General Conference so much! It is such an awesome tender mercy to bare testimony each and everyday that God has called a Prophet again and Twelve Apostles again to the earth and then to have the opportunity to see my testimony in person! To see the living prophet and apostles, men who I have testified live and speak the words of Christ! How cool! And I don't think I will ever understand how anyone could "let" general conference be a "church holiday".. why would you ever want to skip out on the opportunity to see and hear the words of God. I look back to a day that Taylor and I wanted to go out and "play" on Saturday instead of watch conference.. If only i understood then the great reality of Christ's Gospel.. I wouldn't have been that way.. BUT we were kids and stuff happens.. I just wont do it again!
ANYWAY!! LOVE YOU ALL SORRY FOR THE LONG LETTER? AND WAY ANNOYING CAPSLOCK! WOOOO...
Elder McMurry..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment