Hey chumps and chumpetts! This past week has been hectic but way cool we actually had a surprise baptism on Friday night! Man it was way cool! Just like any other baptism I totally wanted to cry.. I love people. Especially people who know and understand the Gospel because they want to. It was a way cool girl who has been coming to church forever like 3 years now with her less-active boyfriend, who is now her fiance and he baptized her! It was so cool, She had already went through many missionaries in the past and never really cared but she talked to us at church last Sunday and said she wanted to start taking the discussions again and we originally set the date for June 27th but that didn't work so we moved it back and that didn't work so we moved it to this Saturday and man, she was totally ready! It was a way cool experience.. At the baptism while one of the talks was being given, I noticed that I had this way huge smile on my face probably bigger than anyone else there I probably looked pretty goofy but I thought.. "Man I am so thankful to be here!"
Anyway that was a cool experience.. pretty much everything is cool in missionary experience, you just have to make it cool! Anyway.. oh yeah, Elder Richardson. He is my new companion in the office! He is way cool, and I am Senior comp now.. for the first time. I really enjoy it to be honest, I can really work the way that I feel is important, and when we had our companionship inventory this morning he said something so nice! He said, "[You are the most motivated missionary I have served with and you are super obedient and know how to do things and want to get things taken care of.]" Man that felt so good to hear.. Not that its true there are many missionaries I wish I was more like who will be Bishops the second they get home.. But man I really appreciated that. So I am really excited to be working with him. He continues my mission trend of having great companions! Elder Robinson is finding A LOT of success in his new area.. coming up on 29 new investigators in this past week alone, and some on date for baptism.. Those numbers are just insane.. Our mission standard is 14 new investigators a week, and I have only gotten that maybe 2 or 3 times my mission! Anyway I will try and send off some pictures and stuff! I love and miss you all! Hope everyone is doing so way good and hope everyone knows that I pray for ya!
I guess a funny story.. Umm Elder Richardson and I went out yesterday and taught a doorstep lesson to this kid who was kinda creepy and strange but seemed to listen and participate in the Lesson.. anyway.. He came out of his house in shorts, no shirt on and just kinda interesting. He stared like right at us the whole time and talked in a interesting tone. More than halfway through the lesson he walks slowly and kinda backwards back into his house while i am talking to him.. and closes the screen door but still stands there looking at us.. and honestly this was one of the few times I actually got a little scared on my mission.. I was thinking.. "what on earth is going on?!" and so I stepped back a little and looked back behind me to see if someone was coming up or something and there was no one so I looked back at him and gave him a confused look and he said something like "because the fire ants and stuff" (he was wearing flip flops).. anyway that was way weird.. but that's the best story I got right now aside from the baptism! Anyway!! LOVE YA!
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment