Hey! It was good talking with you guys yesterday! I was honestly doing my best at the end of the phone call to not ask you for referrals and to commit you guys to send the missionaries to someones house.. Shortly after that I realized I totally could have! I am so excited for this transfer! I don't know that I have ever looked at a transfer this way before but I am so grateful! I feel like I have been re-called to Mt. Pleasant and that the Lord expects an even greater zeal for the work than before. I prayed many times that I would be ready for whatever transfers brought and I feel that prayer has been answered! I love being a missionary, there literally is no greater thing for me to be doing in my life at this point in life, and it's funny, as I sit in the library right now, I have the very best book right in front of me, The Book of Mormon.. this library has infinitely less to offer me in knowledge and truth than what these 531 pages have for me right here next to the computer.. Anyway, that was just a cool thought. Elder Douglas and I are both sticking around. The weather is awesome! We have weeded out some tares perhaps these past two transfers and should be able to truly harvest and baptize this transfer! We are both pretty excited about it! I am quite confident the only two things worthwhile in eternity are missionary work, and eternal progression within our families. It's amazing to me that, missionary work truly being my favorite thing, will be apart of my life forever! That's what the gospel is all about. Missionary work. In no way do we do anything other than just that. We all know the quote, "the greatest work we will do will be within the walls of our own homes." Raising children is all about missionary work! You teach them, you encourage them, you help them do what they must in order to be baptized and they enter the temple years down the road and do the same with their children, and it just continues. Missionary work is one eternal round. President Brailsford, the previous mission president said this, "If you don't like doing missionary work, you won't like living in the Celestial Kingdom." How grateful am I for missionary work right now in my life! I know we don't all get it or do the best job at it.. honestly I am a little stressed when I think that I am responsible for helping people enter the waters of baptism and becoming members of Christ's church, when I feel so inadequate of teaching and doing just that. But the Lord always provides!
We are studying chapter 5 of Preach My Gospel, as a mission right now and my testimony of the Book of Mormon keeps getting stronger and stronger! I remember when I felt for the first time and recognized my testimony of the Church being true when I was a Deacon, I taught the lesson that Sunday in class, Bryce and Kevin were there, and most importantly Brother Pindar, whom I will never forget, it was because of him that I have always understood what happened that day. But when I received that witness at 12 years old, many truths of the restored gospel were included with it, including the Book of Mormon and everything that went along with "Church". I found for myself however, the testimony of the Lord bear witness to me that the Book of Mormon was indeed true years later, when I was 16 (I didn't doubt it was true, but I had never prayed to find out if it was) when I, like Joseph, knelled and prayed in faith, nothing wavering. Since that day, the pillar of my testimony was permanently sealed, never to be broken. It has however been continually fortified.. an almost infinite amount of pillars are there supporting the Book of Mormon, and I seek more as oft as I can. No matter what happens, or what offense I may receive, if all pillars were to fall (which they will not), there would be a firm, steadfast and immovable pillar at the very center, that will not, and cannot fall and upon that pillar are the words of the Lord that he spake to me by the power of the Holy Ghost that day when I was 16 years old!
Ah! I love the gospel! Anyway ya'll are the greatest! I think of you often! Thank you for all of your prayers.. I truly have felt them each! Love ya!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment