Monday, June 21, 2010

Hot hot hot..

Well my time in Mt. Pleasant is at it's end! This has probably been one of the greatest blessings I have had on my mission to serve in Mt. Pleasant. I am continuing to reflect on my life and am striving to hear the Lord and speak more sincerely in my prayers. On Saturday morning it was time for transfer calls. No one finds out if they are getting transferred until the end of the night around 9:30 or so... unless they are going to be serving in a leadership position or as a new missionary trainer. Well shortly after getting up I just had this feeling that I would be getting a phone call from President McConkie. It came to a point where I almost knew I was. I wasn't being prideful I just felt very impressed that I was going to be speaking to President that day. Well, we went to work and I avoided any thought about transfers as best I could, though I probably could have done better.. And before I knew it the phone rang. I took it out of my pocket and the caller i.d. said "I.C.E" which is something president asked all the missionaries to do a few transfers ago which simply means "in case of emergency".. Well anyway it is presidents number.. I looked at it quite nervously and made a weird face at Elder Douglas and said "Hello, Elder McMurry"...and he said.."Elder MickyMurry! I was just looking at your name and thought, hey! That sounds Chinese, Elder MickyMurry..." I just kind of confusingly laughed. He then explained that I would not be able to see any of the planned baptisms in Mt. Pleasant because I would be serving as a District Leader in another area and that I would be training a new missionary.. So I not only feel nervous and excited but pretty humbled. When you get transferred and go training, it means that you are "white washing" which essentially means re-opening/re-newing an area in the mission. This is a pretty big blessing. It is most missionaries dreams to end their mission training a new missionary! I am going to teach him to work, work, work! It will be a renewing experience for me as I gather what little experience I have and put it all to use. I am very lucky to serve the Lord at this time in my life!.... So next week I'll be writing from somewhere else which will probably be my last area.. but maybe not! Anyway! I love you all!

Hey mom! thank you so much for your letter! I am trying to hurry so Elder Douglas can write his family! I love you and dad so much! Tell Taylor I said Hey! somehow... anyway have a great week and I'll be writing you from somewhere else next week!! LOVEYA!

No comments: